Thursday, March 31, 2011

blog 7

The class in Elluminate actually wasn't that bad. It did have its glitches though and I got a little restless sitting in front of the computer from 4:30-7. I can see this being used in lieu of a class at times but not often. The whiteboard feature does not really accommodate a lot of users and at times it was difficult to hear the professor. However, I did like how quickly she was able to respond to our questions and problems. I also liked how she was able to show us exactly what she was doing so it made it easier for us to follow along. It did have its good features.

3 comments:

  1. I was the same way restless sitting at comp at home. My family was eating dinner but my wife did bring me some(mmm) i guess that was good. I agree the whiteboard was useless. JMG sharing the screen is a good aspect, but I wonder if we would be able to share our screen so she could move our pointer around if we had technical difficulties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As the moderator I had the ability to give some controls over to the participants. The problem with using it as trouble shooter for technical difficulties you lose the interest of the participants. Often people will have one person as the moderator and one person in the background to deal with technical difficulties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a little restless sitting in front of the computer for that long too. Also because I have a class right before our class I wasn't able to go home and be in a quiet setting to have class through Elluminate. Instead I was at school with Pooja and Arielle but where we were sitting was quite noisy so at times I had to have my ear to the speaker of the computer to listen. There was however an advantage in being with other people though, instead of by yourself. We were all able to help each other at different intervals of the lesson (Pooja and Arielle helping me more than me helping them, because i'm so slow at this ha ha). Overall I found it to be a good experience.

    To JMG- I read your comment about the controls, and I want to make sure I understand what you said. What I got from your comment was that you are able to have 2 moderators, one who is strictly a moderator and one who deals with tech difficulties? Or did you mean something else? I find it really interesting so i just wanted to make sure I understand how the controls work.

    ReplyDelete