Wednesday, March 9, 2011

blog 4

Our unit combines Spanish, history, and earth science. I think it can be a little difficult at times combining these three subjects. It's hard when I'm trying to explain something from my content and trying to relate it to another content area when I don't really know a lot about the other subjects; it's difficult seeing how we all fit together but it can be done. Our group is working well together and I think we have a definite direction where we think we're headed.
To involve the community we were maybe thinking of some type of field trip where students can explore caves or mines or a trip to a Spanish restaurant where students can explore that culture.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you, sometimes it is really hart to combine three different subjects but at the end I believe it will be perfect unit ;) Also, going to the Spanish restaurant with the students is enjoyable =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Combining content areas helps us learn about other areas like we saw in the video with the art and science teacher. That is not a likely combination and the art teacher talked about how much he learned about science and vice versa. It helps us to be a better teacher and life long learner.
    You will need more than a field trip for the community connection.

    ReplyDelete